Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Why Catholics Have More Fun

This morning was St. Mary's Women's Club annual Laetare Breakfast. It was excellent. The pastor, Fr. Dave celebrated Mass for us. After Mass, we went to Rossi's in Millis for the breakfast. It is a beautiful atmosphere for a restaurant. It's a converted old beautiful Victorian home. The food was exquisite. You name it, they had it: eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, fish, salmon, pork, toast, muffins, bagels, fruit, vegetables, etc. We certainly had our money's worth.

Our guest speaker was Dr. Ernie Collamati, the Chairman of the Religious Studies Department at Regis College in Weston, MA. He is quite the entertainer. I bet his students love him. He's so funny; I'm still laughing.

His topic was "Why Catholics Have more Fun or Ought to." He involved the audience in his talk. For example, he asked us what Catholic objects we had in our homes, and then he explained why.

One thing gave me pause, however. I told everyone about my holy water font, and I was the only one that had one. I was considered kind of unique. But that holy water font is a great reminder to bless myself and ask God's protection as I start my day. It's one of my favorite Catholic sacramentals.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...