Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2009

Final Promise Day



Last weekend I attended a friend's Final Promise Day. I made his acquaintance when I belonged to his chapter. Mr. Thomas Dominic O'Connell, O.P. made his Final Promise in the Lay Fraternities of Saint Dominic on May 24, 2009.

Tom's brother, Father Mark works in the Chancery. He's Vicar of something or other, and managed to get Bishop Edyvean to celebrate Mass. The ceremony was impressive with the two priests, and one a bishop.

It was good to see all my friends in that chapter. Long after the festivities were over we just sat around talking--catching up on our lives.

Community is a good thing.

No comments:

Easter Witches

 Why not?  We have Easter bunnies, and whatever bunnies have to do with the Resurrection, is beyond me.  In Sweden, after Good Friday, when ...