Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Archbishop Augustine Di Noia


I finally got to see the whole ordination. I'm fixated on the Archbishop's remarks. He's so emotional; he can't speak. I bet that's why it's so short. I bet he wrote a lot more, but he was afraid he'd lose it, that's why he cut his remarks short. But what he said was enough. He said it all. He affirmed BXVI as the Vicar of Christ. He affirmed the allegiace of the Dominican Order to the Pope. He expressed gratitude to the Dominicans (because where would he be, if not for them), and placed the Order under the mantle of the Blessed Mother. Amen.

I was most impressed with the dignity and gravitas displayed by the consecrator and the consecrand throughout the Liturgy.

May God bless the new Archbishop.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...