Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Three More Days



There's an old Buddy Holly song that goes, "It's a gettin closer, goin faster than a roller coaster.."

The wedding is only THREE days away! Yikes! I think we're all ready. I've just finished making cranberry muffins for the welcome bags (something new, which I still don't get...oh, well) and ramen noodle salad. Tomorrow I'll make the potato salad for the rehersal dinner. Then that's it. I just have to get myself and hubby there.

The readings are speacial, I think: Tobit 8: 4b-8 and Hebrews 13:1-4a, 5-6b. I hope people are listening and are moved. I hope the wedding couple find meaning in them.

I also pray that the priest is kind and compassionate and makes everyone, (all my religion impaired relatives) feel good about the sacrament of marriage and the Eucharist, and feel the urge to go to church more often. This I pray.

No comments:

Simple Explanation of the Mass

 Everything you ever wanted to learn about the Catholic Mass is explained by Mike Aquilina's Understanding the Mass .  This little book,...