Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Blame


Musing in nonsense today.

Since God is love and all forgiving, what do you imagine happening if instead of Adam and Eve throwing the serpent, or each other, under the bus, they confessed and asked for mercy.

Remember God is forgiving and loves us.

Eve sobbed, "Lord, forgive me. I wanted to be like You; and took and ate what was forbidden. I am so very sorry."

Mmmmmmmmmm. What if?

And let's dream on:

Eve cries, "I alone am responsible." Adam interrupts, "No Lord, I am responsible; you put me in charge, and I failed you." Eve insists, "No Lord, Punish me." Adam more insistently, "No, it was my responsibility and I was weak. I alone am responsible. Punish me."

Mmmmmmm. Let's continue....

Adam and Eve in unison cry, "Lord forgive us. We love You and will never hurt You, again."

Weeell, if I were God, I'd say, "I love you, too. Forgetaboutit."

But I'm not God.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...