Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So. Sew Us Together


This is a picture of my parish church, St. Mary's, at Christmas. Tonight, St. Mary's Women's Club had a wicked good evening, at the Mill Store.

We are such a good group. We're a good example of "community." We share a good liturgical life. We have an opening Mass, we have a Night of Recollection, and a special Mass for us on Laudate Sunday. We women are the Lectors and EM of these Masses because enough of us are, anyway.

Our members are of all ages. While some of us have been members for so long, we don't have to pay dues, anymore, others are young enough to have babies. We kind of are one extended family of generations.

At our meetings, we have presentations, demonstrations, trips, movies, concerts, games, and I don't know what else. Tonight, we met at the Mill Store. The Mill Store is an old mill converted into a place that sells fabric, yarn, craft supplies and that sort of stuff. Many take lessons there. We learned how to make a tote bag tonight.

It was fun. I chose a quilted material, so my bag looks quilted. My friend, Claire seemed to know what to do, so I stuck to her like a shy child. I even picked the same supplies she did, so I could copy her exactly. It came out pretty good.

The evening was a success, like all our evenings. At St. Mary's Women's Club, we enjoy each others' companionship, and the mutual pursuit of Catholic social friendship.

I pray for the continued success, and spiritual enrichment of this women's community.

No comments:

Sisterhood

  Sisterhood Two girls, who like to play sisters. Both wear different headscarves. One is a hijab. One is a tichel. Will we grow old? Will w...