Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Faith is Greater than Love

I know that 1 Corinthians 13:13, says that the greatest of the virtues is love. But that was before my time. Paul hadn't met Faith.
;-)
Just kidding. But that passage always went up one side of me and down the other. And I know why. Love without Faith is "eros" love. It's selfish love. You need faith in God to kick up the love, a notch or two.

When you act with charity towards another, it may just be an act of convenience. When you "make love" with another, it may be self gratification, or a fulfillment of personal needs. It is only when you serve the other for the love of God, that the love counts as LOVE. This is called agape.

BUT YOU HAVE TO KNOW AND LOVE GOD!

Thus, "FAITH" comes first. Faith is what turns "eros" into "agape."

I rest my case.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...