Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Monster Dispossesses My Rosary

A seemingly good machine has left me feeling a little spiritually impoverished.  Something made for the betterment of mankind, has failed me.  It has betrayed.  I'm a miserable, forlorn wretch.

Woe is me.

What has happened?  Something that probably has never, ever, happened to anybody before.  I can't hardly believe it, myself.

My washing machine has stolen a companion.  I am bereft of my favorite Rosary.  The one that fit so nicely in my hand.  The one that felt so pearly smooth when you fingered it.  The one that was small enough to always fit in your pocket, without spoiling the line of your clothes. The one that lay flattest under my pillow.  The one that was a pretty pearly pink on little tiny beads, that I was planning to give to my granddaughter, when she is old enough.  The one that I loved to pray on.

ugh...........I feel naked.........I feel lonely...........and I feel stupid for not checking my pockets before I put the jacket in the washer.

Presently, the Rosary is stuck in the little tiny holes that  perforate the inside tub of the washer.  I tried gently tugging on the beads.  If I yanked the beads hard, they'd just break, and I'd have no Rosary, at all.  So it just lies there.

I tried WD-40.

What else?

Yeah, I did try prayer, but I feel foolish asking for such a personal preference.  After all, it's not like I don't have other Rosaries.

My family is aware of the problem and have all tried to dislodge the beads.  Hubby has quipped, "Maybe now you'll do the laundry more often now.  You know, just to see your favorite Rosary."

Sigh..........any suggestions?


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...