Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

10 Most Powerful People

I was reading Forbes, 10 most powerful people.  I found the picks interesting:

  1. Hu Jintao, President, People's Republic of China
  2. Barack Obama, President, United States ofAmerica
  3. Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz al Saud, King, Saudi Arabia
  4. Vladimir Putin, Prime Minister, Russia, 
  5. Pope Benedict XVI, Pope, Roman Catholic Church, 
  6. Angela Merkel, Chancellor, Germany, 
  7. David Cameron, Prime Minister, United Kingdom, 
  8. Ben Bernanke, Chairman, Federal Reserve, 
  9. Sonia Gandhi, President, Indian National Congress, 
  10. Bill Gates, Co-Chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, 

What do you think they were looking at?  The most people one influences?  Money?  Political power?  Financial Power?

I was going to make my own list of powerful people in my world, but the categories are too numerous. There's an organizational hierarchy in the Lay Fraternities of Saint Dominic.  I have those that have the power over me at work.  What about those that influence me at church?  Mmmm, maybe I should have a sub-category for spiritual influence, because my Spiritual Director influences me greatly.  What about T.O.P.S.-- there is a leader?  Then there's family.  You would think that my husband would be the head of the family.  But then our first grandchild has come along.  Now there's influence.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Hands Up Don't Shoot

  Our Lady of Ferguson Icon by Mark Doox Icons are written because they are stories. This story began in the city of Ferguson, Missouri, whi...