Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

Sinners

This Sunday's Gospel Reading is one of my favorites.  Luke 23:35-43  This is the story of the man being crucified next to Jesus on the cross.  The good one.  The one that reprimand those who mocked Jesus.  The good thief said,
  
"Have you no fear of God, for you are subject to the same condemnation?  And indeed, we have been condemned justly, for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes, but this man has done nothing criminal."  Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."  Jesus replied to him, "Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

I repeat; "today you will be with me in Paradise."  IOW, the only person EVER guaranteed to go to heaven was A CONDEMNED CRIMINAL.

Don't you just love it?  We Latasties do.  Every saint has a past.  And ever sinner has a future.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...