Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

When I Die...

What do you think?  All the grave stone says is "I'm with him," with an arrow to her husband's grave.  Doesn't it make you smile?

I'm thinking of doing that.  Of course that's contingent upon my dying after my husband.  But I would put my name, and birth, and death dates, on the other side.  And maybe that will be done, yet.  Notice that Peggy's grave has just been dug.

BTW, these graves are near the Eisenhower home in Fort Adams State Park, in Newport, RI.  The cemetery is St. Joseph's cemetery, but it is known locally as the Barney Street Cemetery.  Note the Irish flags.  Most of the work to build Fort Adams was done by the Irish/Americans.  Just ask the Dugan's.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...