Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Presumptuous

The car's fuel gauge was almost on empty.  I was on my way to work, but I just had to stop and fill up.  While filling the tank, I was also calling work on my iPhone, to tell them that I'd be a little late, because I had to stop and get gas.

Well, I didn't know I was popular.  Co-workers on their way to work all beeped their horn and waved.  I was on  the major route through town, so friends and neighbors also beeped "hello."

I was thinking that maybe I should run for mayor; it seemed that people just had to beep at me.

However once I got into work and listened to the voice messages on my phone, and read all the e-mails, I realized that everyone wasn't beeping "hello."  They were trying to tell me that you don't pump gas and use your phone at the same time.  It is hazardous to use a phone near the pumps.  There's a potential for static electricity to spark off and ignite the fuel.

Who knew?  I guess I won't be running for mayor, any time soon.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...