Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Ten Reasons for Going to Confession

A penitent confessing his sins in the former L...Image via Wikipedia
I just love the Confession App on my iphone  I use it nightly, as an examination of conscience.
And just being Catholic, I go to Confession, often.  So I read with interest, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops' post on the Sacrament of Reconciliation.  And also, Father's Z's 20 Tips for Making a Good Confession.   I'm kind of feeling left out.  That's why I made up my own list.  From the Book of Faith, Ten Reasons for Going to Confession.

1.  Going to Confession proves that you are trying to be a better person.
2.  Examination of Conscience forces one to be realistic about their shortcomings.
3.  Confession is confidential.  Priests have gone to jail rather than disclose information revealed in Confession.
4.  It's private; One on one.
5.  The priest offers another perspective that you may never have considered.
6.  It unburdens you.  You get that monkey off your back.
7.  The priest gives advice.  Who needs a shrink?
8.  After Absolution, you are free to start a new life.
9.  It doesn't cost you any money, whatsoever.  It's free.
10.  You receive sacramental grace.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Simple Explanation of the Mass

 Everything you ever wanted to learn about the Catholic Mass is explained by Mike Aquilina's Understanding the Mass .  This little book,...