Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lenten Psalm Writing

You probably never noticed the quotation marks in the psalms. But look at these, now.

Psalm 29
The God of glory thunders.


In His temple they all cry: "Glory!"

Psalm 41
Finally I said, "Holy One, have mercy on me.
Heal my soul, for I have sinned against you."
My enemies cruelly mutter against me,
"When will he die, and his name perish?"

Psalm 42
I say to you, my rock,
"Why have you forgotten me?"

The use of quotation marks gives a sense of dialogue taking place. It seems to me that it is used to highlight expression. I don't know if I can convey the same feeling.

Gather my dear one to Your Heart,
"My Love, My Life, My Jesus."
Warm them with blessings of wisdom;
Let them hunger for more of You.

Speak to them, "Come my children.
Seek the warmth of my church.
Hear the hymns of praise call to Me.
I will listen and answer. Trust."

No comments:

Sisterhood

  Sisterhood Two girls, who like to play sisters. Both wear different headscarves. One is a hijab. One is a tichel. Will we grow old? Will w...