Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

From the Mouth of Babes

 The other day it was my pleasure to pick up my little 25 month old granddaughter.  I had never done this before and was a little concerned how she would react.  I know she knows me, but not in the context of removing her from a familiar setting to go off with me.  But we had no choice.  Her mother, my daughter, was held up at work.

I worried needlessly.  Her reaction still has me smiling, and is also the subject of this post.

She looked at who was coming into the room, then her entire little body smiled with recognition.  Her eyes popped with glee.  Next she ran over to her little group of friends, (who were all looking at me), pointed to me, and said "Mine!"

That says it all, doesn't it?  Her limited vocabulary managed to articulate exactly everything that mattered to her, and her friends.  And they understood.

Amazing.  This level of communication works. Amazing.

And I understood too.  In fact, I thought of this two-year old interaction all day long.  So I used it for my meditation, today.  John 10:14  I know my sheep and they know me.

I know Jesus is going to brightened with recognition when I see Him.  I know He will point to me, and say, "Mine!"

And we'll go off together and live happily ever after.

Amen

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...