Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2013

What is the Communion of Saints?

Revelation 5:8 presents the saints in heaven as linked by prayer with their fellow Christians on earth.
























To Catholics, the communion of saints is comprised of everybody except the damned.  That means, all the living, AND the dead, i.e., those in heaven and purgatory.  That’s why we lucky people believe we have friends in heaven, praying and waiting for us.

We are all connected.  My prayers are really “our” prayers.  Faith includes all this.  Even in the Mass we say, “Look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church.”  Note the plural reference.  It is not only my personal faith, nor my parish’s, but everyone who makes up the Body of Christ.

I see my family and friends, in heaven, waiting for me.  They’re my fan club, so to speak.  I see the Catholic Church, universally, including all of us, praying for each other.  All for one, and one for all.

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...