Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 8 Novena to Find Work


Take heart.  There's a better world in store for you.  It is only the malice of God's enemies that is preventing you from having a worthwhile vocation.  Believe that God holds you secure in His hands; He loves you; He wants what's best for you.  Never lose hope.

                                                                         Day Eight

Work is prayer.
Tweeking techniques, are what we're working on, today.  I haven't mentioned resumes because that's the first thing people think of, and then do.  Their are web sites and employee counselors in abundance, that can help with that.  Today, I'd like you to organize your job search.  Make lists: Ideal Jobs, Convenient Jobs (close to home), Jobs you'll settle for.  Now under those headings, put the jobs you're applying for.  Leave room to describe what happened there, i.e., interview, rejection, nothing.  

Maybe you'll notice a pattern.  Maybe you can concentrate on an area.  How are you doing on the internet networking, e.i., linkedin, JibberJoober, etc..

Today is a day of getting a handle of all these feelers you've thrown out.  Stay in control.  Stay focused. Persevere.  Hope.


Prayer
Through the intercession of St. Joseph I ask for work that will bring me close to You, My Lord.  I pray that the work be enough to provide for those who depend on me.  I only ask to serve You, Lord, and to feel secure in Your Love.  

Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Simple Explanation of the Mass

 Everything you ever wanted to learn about the Catholic Mass is explained by Mike Aquilina's Understanding the Mass .  This little book,...