Search This Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2013

And then the Fight Broke Out

St. Mary Parish
Nomination for Parish Pastoral Council
Date/2013

Nominate up to four people for a 6-year term on the Parish Pastoral Council. Any registered parishioner over 18, who participates in the sacramental activities of the parish (ineligible for election: parish employees or members of their households).

1.     _______________________________________________________
2.     _______________________________________________________
3.     _______________________________________________________

4.     _______________________________________________________
Today is the day, the parish nominates people to serve on the Parish Pastoral Council.  I volunteered to give out the nomination forms, before Mass. 

I arrived early.  I placed my jacket, Magificat, pocketbook, etc., in a back pew and went to get the materials to be distributed.  So far, so good.

However, when I arrived back to my pew, the lady behind me and the man next to her were conversing.  I wanted to pray.  Is that too much to ask? ( That’s why I prefer Mass at the Abbey, instead of my parish.)  As I was saying, I couldn't concentrate because the lady was demanding answers, or reasons, from the man.  She wanted to know why the parish held funerals at St. Jude, while the church was being painted.  The man tried to explain to her but she wasn't ready to listen; she was venting too vehemently.

I tried to ignore the tirade conversation.

I really did.

Finally, I turned around, and introduced myself, and asked her name.  She told me.

I then took the above form and wrote her name down and I asked her, “Did I spell your name correctly?”

I don't know what opened wider, her eyes or her mouth.

Before I could blink, she snatched the form out of my hands and tore it up, right in front of my face!

Now it was my turn to widen my eyes.
I just shrugged, and turned around.  After all, we were in church. 

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...