Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Terce

For some reason this morning, Psalm 118, was especially meaningful for me.  In fact, I dropped into meditation during some verses, as the singing/chanting went on.  The verse, "Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word..." set me to wonder if the affliction was physical or emotional. Personally, in either case (personal references) I don't think I was going astray.  I don't think one would necessarily know.  I don't think I was, but maybe.

Anyway, I was stopped by the affliction and drawn closer to God.  "It is good for me to have been afflicted, for I have deeply learned your statues."

"Comfort me then with your unfailing love, as you promised your servant.  Let your mercy come to give me life, for your law is my delight."

"My soul longs for your protection; your word is my hope of salvation.  I have kept watch for your promise.  'When will you comfort me?' I ask."

"Save me for I am yours, since I seek your statutes."

"Your precepts have given me knowledge, and I hate all that is false."

"I am ready to sacrifice my life for your Law that is always in my heart."

"May your promise uphold me that I may live; let me not hope in vain."

"I strain my eyes searching for your saving help, watching for the fulfillment of your just promise."

"Rescue me from humlan oppression, and help me keep your precepts."

"Favor me with your smile and teach me your statues."

That's my favorite verse--"Favor me with your smile..."  See what I mean?  This Psalm just groans humanity.  I think everyone will find something to relate to.    "...Lord; give me understanding according to your word."

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...