Search This Blog

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Another Argument with self.

Q.  Aren't you suppose to be preparing for confession?
A.  It's too hot.  I can't focus.  My hair is frizzy.

Q.  So?  Stay behind the screen.
A.  I feel miserable.

Q.  Good.  That's the way you should feel.
A.  You're right.  I should prepare to make a good confession.

Q. How long as it been?
A.  Come to think of it.  You're not required to confess venial sins.  And since I haven't committed any mortal sins, I don't have to go.

Q.  Define hubris.
A.  Sigh....  I can't think.

Q.  What about failure to examine your conscience daily?
A.  Oh.

Q.  And you're a Lay Dominican.  Aren't you ashamed?
A.  Sigh.........well, at least the church is air conditioned.

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...