Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2013

The Most Cordial Intimacy Possible

                                                         Vie du pere Lataste

I'm reading pere Laste's Sermon 90 at Cadillac Prison, Septembre 15, 1864.  His words are so poignantly touching.  I so wish I could have known him, personally.

In talking about the Sacrament of Reconciliation to the women prisoners at Cadillac Prison, he tells them that if they wish, he will be their soul mate.  He urges them to call him "father," and he will call them, "my children."  How more loving can you get?  He continues, "If you desire, there will exist between us the most candid, the most sincere, and the most cordial intimacy possible."

Be still my heart!  Does God make spiritual directors and confessors like this, any more?

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...