Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Christ the King

Because I am lectoring this Sunday of Christ the King, I was reading to prepare.  The Second Reading: Col 1:12-20 gives a list of all that Christ is.  It's a summary of all that the Father has done.  In reading the list of things, the one fact that strikes me especially is:

He has rescued us from the power of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

This is why Jesus is my king.  He loves us so much.  He waits for us in the Tabernacle.  He waits for us to come to Him.  He is waiting for us to show our love.  He doesn't expect us to be crucified; He just wants us to chose to freely come to Him.

I hope Sunday I can proclaim His Word in a manner giving Him the honor and glory He deserves.

Worthy is the lamb to receive honor, glory and praise.  (Rev 5:12) 

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...