Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Foul Mood Fix

Birchwald


You know how miserable I was this morning.  I got over it.  How?


Trail Hikers 
I went hiking with my hiking group.  We went to Birchwald, Sheldonville, MA.  There were eight of us, today.  The day was briskly cold but the sun was shining.  There was a thin veneer of ice on the cranberry bogs.  People wore their winter gear.  It was an invigorating walk, not because it was a difficult hike, but because of the cold air.  At no time, did I work up a sweat.
Ice on the cranberry bog

There was an open well that looked bottomless, but I dropped a rock in it and I think I heard it land.  If I fell into it, I would have not fit.  I would be wedged against the walls.  But animals could easily fall in.

There were lots of milk weed everywhere.  In fact, I came home covered in it.
Well

We met a lady walking her dog, and stopped to chat with her.  She is a geocacher.  She has been all over the world geocaching.

Somewhere in the brisk air, beautiful vistas, looking down bottomless wells, learning about geocaching, and most probably trying to pick off the milk weed fluff, my spirits were lifted.  I could have sung my way home.

Milk Weed
Thanks be to God.

Also, I was too busy to wallow in self pity.  I had a RCIA class to facilitate, in a couple of hours.  In fact, I was so rushed, I had no time to shower.  The poor catechumenate.

Now I find myself, calm and happy.  What a difference a day makes!


Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...