Search This Blog

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Buddy

                     Buddy
                        by
Buddy by MEK
                     MEK

I wonder where you went my furry friend,
I remember days of my youth,
running through the woods
faster than anyone should,
my poor mother always thought
that I was up to no good...
Visions remain of days in the sun,
bursting through the canopy of green,
Maine pines so thick and cool,
it was nature's school,
Seeing you bound through the grass so high,
the scent of the apple orchards filled the sky,
mingled with the sounds of the dragonfly,
talk about a natural high...
Now I wonder why dog can't say goodbye
you live forever with the little boy inside...

*Source: Pencil in the Hole by MEK

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...