Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Gang Violence



After the door shuts and the footsteps died, I still stayed hidden.  I wasn’t taking any chances.  These kids would beat me to a pulp.  They had chased me all the way from school, across the tracks, even into the church, where I managed to jump out a window just in time.  They saw me though and followed me. 

I don’t think they were sure exactly where I went, in this abandoned factory.  They could very well split up and watch all the exits.  I think I’ll just stay put for an hour before I peek out.

They want me to join their gang.  I’m trying to avoid all gangs, although affiliating with one would protect me from the others.  Oh, I just want to be left alone.  Why can’t they let me be?

Whoa…I must have dozed off.  I’m lucky I haven’t suffocated to death.  It’s darn hot in this crawl space.  For sure, it’s safe to sneak out, now.

Wow, it’s dark.  My cell phone tells me it’s seven o’clock.  I better call my grandmother and tell her I’ll be home soon.  I wish we could afford to move out of this neighborhood with all its gangs.  I hate it here. 

Bang!


I’ve been shot.  “Help me.  Somebody…help”,  I cry out after the door shuts and footsteps fade away.

No comments:

Simple Explanation of the Mass

 Everything you ever wanted to learn about the Catholic Mass is explained by Mike Aquilina's Understanding the Mass .  This little book,...