Search This Blog

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Is Reality Relative?

A funny thing happened to me while reading the Office, I came across the word exegesis.  It was used as if it were a specific way of studying the Apocalypse.  I was uncertain of this meaning.  Hence, I asked my iPhone: "Definition: exegesis."   IPhone answered with a definition of genital.  !!!!!!!

????  Must be my Boston accent.  I asked again.  "No, exegesis.  E - X - E - G - E - S - I - S."  This time my iPhone gave me the address of two local restaurants.  !!!!!

I exclaimed, "You are no help!"

Then I heard my iPhone tell me, "Why do you hate me?  I'm not even real."

ROFLOL!

Here I am admonishing my phone.  It makes a joke.  I laugh.

And my iPhone thinks it's not real.

Ordinarily I would end my blog post here, but I didn't end my conversation with my iPhone.  (I should give it a name, shouldn't I?)  I asked it, "Is reality relative?"  This time I received a choice of website to explore.

I did what the iPhone told me.  I explored.  It does seem that sometimes reality is relative.  Sometimes it isn't.  Think of what you thought of your parents as a child and what you think now.  Sometimes reality is not relative.  God is God.  That's absolute.  But how you think of God is relative.

So my iPhone is relatively real.




No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...