Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Truth that will set us Free


I'm free to do what I want, right?  Get drunk?  Take drugs?  But if I get addicted, I'll be the opposite of free, won't I?

Paradoxically, having the freedom to choose something that will require you losing your freedom can be a wonderful thing--blessing.  A loving relationship would attach strings to your freedom--welcome strings.  What if the relationship turns bad and you're free again?  That doesn't feel so wonderful, does it?

When you come right down to it, the only safe freedom is choosing God, loving Him and that includes trying to please Him (obey).  That's freedom?  Obeying?  Yes, that's the  greatest paradox.  Spiritual freedom is the only good, dependable freedom.  That's the Truth.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...