Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2015

Am I Who I Think I Am?

Have you ever had the experience of being in the presence of someone, or even a group, where they think you're a jerk?  And damn it all!  You can actually feel yourself acting like a jerk.  And you can't stop it.

Why does this happen?  Does it happen to everybody?

Let's say it happens to some. It's a strange phenomena.  Perhaps we pick up the social cues and become what people want us to be.  I can't think of any reason why this is so, but if it is so, then the solution is to not hang around these people.  Stay away from them.

Think about it.  If people can bring you down, then people can bring you up.  The solution would be to hang around people who think you are better than you think you are.  You will act in such a manner as to fulfill their expectations of you.

I guess I'll experiment and let you know.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...