Search This Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Plenty of Time

I couldn’t sleep.  I had an important presentation to make to all the departments heads in the morning.  I just felt all jazzed. It wouldn’t be so bad if I could focus on my speech, but my monkey brain was flitting from one thought to another.

Finally, the alarm went off.  The night was finally over.  I had set my clock for 5:00 AM so I’d have plenty of time.  I didn’t want to feel rushed and panic.  I showered, shaved, and put on the suit of clothes I had laid out the night before. 

I thought I’d stop at a Dunkin’ Donuts for breakfast.  It would be faster and easier.  But it was closed.  Aren’t they open 24 hours?  Mmmm.  You’d think they’d be open at 6:00 AM, at least  They’re missing a lot of early customers.  Oh well, I’m sure I’ll come across another Dunk in the next block or two.

There.  This one is just opening. 

Now, the day can begin.  I have my coffee and breakfast sandwich.  Mmmm.
Let me go through my presentation, while I’m driving.  After all, I have an hour drive.  I should arrive at my destination between 7 and 8.  I have plenty of time.  I don’t have to be at work until 9:00.
I’m kind of tired.  I wished I could have gotten a good night’s sleep.  I’m having a hard time staying awake.  Maybe if I put on the radio and listened to the news, I’ll be able to focus on my driving. 

“Good Morning, this is your local 5:30 AM news!”

5:30 AM news, doesn’t he mean 6:30 AM?  I looked at the clock radio; it said 6:30 AM.  I looked at my cell phone and it said 5:30 AM!

The radio announcement was talking about enjoying an extra hour of sleep since the clock was turned an hour back, during the night.  Oh no, that means I woke up two hours earlier than I was supposed to!

No wonder I’m so tired.
No wonder Dunkin Donuts was closed.
No wonder there’s no traffic on the road.
No wonder it’s still dark out.

Now what?


No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...