Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2016

God in Others

Reading scriptures we know that we find God in our fellow human beings.  I find this hard.  And I try.  But when I look at some derelict, homeless, alcoholic bum, I recoil.  God is in that thing?  Where?  In the foul smelling mouth?  In the urine smell?  In the flies?  How?

I think I've been looking at the wrong thing.  Instead of focusing on specifics, I think I should be considering situations, e.i., homelessness, sickness, poverty, humbleness, rejection.

Jesus was in all these situations.  I think that's what is meant.  We should see the situation our fellow humans are in, not at their toothless gums.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...