Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2016

Remember How He Came The First Time


My pastor thinks our church should be the nicest church in town.  I wonder.

Look at these church renovations from the Christian Review.  Again, I wonder.

What I wonder about is whether Jesus would come a second time, to the nicest church in town.  Well, He does already.  Being Catholic I believe He is in the Eucharist.  So that's His second coming.  But I'm referring to the popular concept of the Second Coming in Revelation.

Think of the environment that He chose to come to the first time--a very humble stable for animals.
Jesus has an affinity for the most humble.  He chooses the humble to shame the proud.

You know where I picture him coming.  The interdenominational chapel in MCI Norfolk is exactly where He would be most comfortable--welcome to!

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...