Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Confession Requires Courage



This morning I was sitting in the dentist's chair.  I was having my teeth cleaned.  From my chair, I could see a post-it stuck on the wall.  I thought it said:

Confession 
Requires 
Courage

I'm thinking of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.  But any kind of confession requires courage when you think of it.

But when I stood up and looked more closely at the note, I saw that it read:

Confession 
Inspires
Courage

That doesn't make sense.  After you've humbled yourself, don't most people just want to crawl into a corner and die. Even the feeling you get after receiving absolution isn't courage.

I don't get it.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...