Search This Blog

Saturday, June 24, 2017

No More Lies

At our last prayer group meeting, we were talking about lying.  Lying = untruth  We wondered if Jesus ever lied.  We guessed not.  Then we reflected on the times we have told lies.

One of our members told us a story.  He said that in his early twenties, he made a conscious decision not to lie.  He was dating many girls at once.  He told so many that he loved them, that he couldn't keep who was who straight.  "I love you.  What's your name, again?"
 .
There came a time when he became disgusted with himself.  He decided that he wanted to change his life and become a different person.  He wanted to be a respected, honest, upright man.  It was a conscious decision.  From then on, he has always tried to be honest with everyone.

I had noticed that he reflects before he talks.  He is not one to jump into a conversation.  And when you ask him a question, you can see him think before he responds.  (I need to learn that.)

I'll promise myself that from now on, I'll be honest with everyone.  I hope this promise doesn't go the way of my other promises: lose weight, exercise more, save money, etc.  As always, I know I can't do this alone.  I'll need God's help.  After all, keeping promises is trying to be perfect like my heavenly father is perfect

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...