Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Prayer Has a Life

Living things grow.  Prayer grows, therefore it is living; it has life.  Father Aniello Salicone is a missionary priest.  He has been visiting Massachusetts about once a year, for a while. 

The first time he came, he gave us this prayer:

  Thank you, Jesus, for loving me.

The second time he came, he added this phrase:

Thank you, Jesus, loving me and making me Your number one.

The third time he came, he put a reciprocal twist on the prayer:

 Thank you, Jesus, for loving me and making me Your number one. Help me to make You number One.

The fourth time he came, he added a long thought:

Thank you, Jesus, for loving me and making me Your number one.  Help me to make You number One and to love others as You love them.

This time, Father Aniello didn't add anything.  It's perfect the way it is.  What else could one add?

Thank you, Jesus, for loving me and making me Your number one.  Help me to make You number One and to love others as You love them.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...